Category: News | Published: 23 Aug, 2021
Keeping your home safe when using electric fires
When used correctly, electric fires can be one of the safest forms of fires, making it the perfect candidate for a family home. However, the key term in that sentence is when it is used correctly.
If you’re planning on buying brand new electric fires Wigan, then you need to look for a fireplace that comes with a BEAB approved European safety mark. This mark is the highest safety accreditation that you can find on electrical equipment in the UK. The BEAB Mark goes alongside the more common CE markings. Both these markings show customers that the product has been independently tested by a third party. This third party tests all safety aspects and product quality.
Dimplex Fires Bolton
Here at ELB Fireplaces, we carry a huge range of electric fires, including Dimplex Fires Bolton. The Dimplex fires we stock are not only safety checked but they also offer a mix of safety features. These features include a run back timer to ensure a heater switches off. Not to mention over-heat cut out functions. As well as built-in tilt switches which automatically turns the unit off when it’s knocked over.
Practically Electrical Fire Safety Tips
- When looking to purchase a new fire (whether that’s from Dimplex Fires Bolton or not) always look for the safety marks.
- Avoid if possible buying second hand electric fires as you don’t know the items history.
- Always put the heater on a flat surface and anyway from any obstructions.
- Don’t use the electric fire to dry any clothes and don’t drape or hang the clothes close to the fire.
- Make sure your heater is regularly checked for any issues.
If you’re looking to bring some warmth into your home, but you’re unsure which fire or fireplace would work best in your home, then get in touch with one of our fireplace experts.